Coronavirus - COVID-19 Updates
Our top focus at Maryland ENT is keeping our patients, visitors and staff safe. We want to assure you that our teams are actively preparing for the potential spread of COVID-19.
We are working with our providers and facilities in taking the necessary precautions in coordination with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Maryland Department of Health (MDH). We are also coordinating with all other appropriate federal, state and local agencies.
Maryland ENT Preparedness
Maryland ENT has taken several steps to ensure the safety of our patients, visitors and our staff, including:
- Elective surgery postponement (detailed below)
- Visitor restrictions (detailed below)
- Patient Arrival procedures (detailed below)
- Telemedicine appointments (detailed below)
- Signs with infection prevention practices are posted throughout the organization
- Enhanced cleaning procedures to prevent the spread of infections
- Patients and visitors screened to identify patients who should be tested
As we continue to monitor and plan for COVID-19, we will provide regular communications for our staff, patients, and visitors. We will post updates to this site as well as on Healow.
Additionally, the State Health Department has a number and website that the general public can call with questions: 211.
Elective Surgery Postponement
On March 16, Governor Hogan issued an Executive Order addressing the management and postponement of elective surgical procedures. The intent of the Executive Order is to allow for increased hospital capacity in preparation for an expected surge in hospital admissions related to COVID-19.
If you are a patient with an upcoming surgical procedure with Maryland ENT, we will contact you directly with more information. We thank our patients for their understanding as we join with other hospitals across the region to take proactive steps to ensure access to crucial clinical services during this situation.
To protect the health of our patients, families, and employees, we have implemented a temporary no visitor policy. Unless a patient is disabled or a child, the patient should come to the appointment alone.
Any visitor who accompanies a patient will also be screened for symptoms, international travel and COVID-19 contact history. These visitors may not be permitted to enter if they do not meet the screening standards.
Patient Arrival Procedures
About 24 hours before your appointment, you will receive a phone call from a staff member to screen you with the following questions:
- Have you traveled outside or inside the United States within the past three weeks?
- Have you had a fever in the past 24 hours?
- Are you experiencing any of the following lower respiratory symptoms: shortness of breath, cough or difficulty breathing?
- Have you been around someone being tested for the coronavirus recently?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you will be instructed to reschedule your appointment and to contact your primary care physician to be cleared via testing.
When you arrive for your appointment, please remain in your car and call the office for which your appointment is schedule:
- Union Memorial - 410-554-4455
- Lutherville - 410-321-1025
- Sinai - 410-601-6673
If you are a new patient, we do ask that you pre-register for your appointment on the Patient Portal. You can find the button on Maryland ENT's homepage. If you are unable to complete the registration, please let us know when you call, we will need you to come inside to fill out the information on our kiosk.
Once a room is available for you, a staff member will call you to come in for your appointment.
As a safety precaution, for collection of co-pays, we are only accepting credit cards and checks at this time.
In an effort to continue to provide high quality medical care and decrease the risk of exposure during the Coronavirus pandemic, we are now offering video conference Telemedicine appointments with our doctors. This is an excellent way to be evaluated while remaining in the safe environment of your home. In order to set up a Telemedicine appointment, or to change a current appointment to a telemedicine appointment, please contact our office (410-554-4455 or 410-321-1025).
In order to conduct the visit you will need the following:
- A smartphone with internet access.
- The Healow app on your phone. This can be found in the Apple store or Google Play store.
- A quiet room with good lighting.
- A flashlight.
- A cup of water if we are evaluating swallowing or voice.
- Outside medical records, labs, studies or results and any referrals the doctor may need to review (please fax these to our office at 410-554-2171 before your appointment).
To download the Healow app, please follow these instructions: